Welcome!

It is not the end that defines the traveler, but the journey.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Poster Project


Original:

1&2. Serenity: 1-20-2011; 10:31 p.m.; Rexburg, ID; f 6.3; 1/40 sec; Canon PowerShot SX130 IS
In Camera Raw, I maxed out the recovery, slightly increased the fill light, raised the darkness of the blacks, and added brightness. Also, clarity, vibrance, saturation, and sharpness were increased. On the "Effects" palette in Camera Raw, I added a black oval-shaped vignette. Lastly, in Photoshop, I added a black edge around the photo by increasing the "canvas size" under the "Image" menu. A few white spots were removed through extensive use of "content aware fill", the clone tool, the patch tool, and the paint brush. Text was also added.

I took this image on a sunny day inside the BYUI green house right after the plants had been watered. Aside from making the basic edits in Camera Raw, I took the image into Photoshop and added the type using the type tool. I applied the desired gold color by using the eyedropper tool to match some of the natural yellow in the leaves. The hiragana characters were taken from an oriental font and then colored to match the romji spelling of the Japanese word. Lastly, more black was added to the edges of the picture by increasing the canvas size and the annoying parts of the white wall which were seen in my draft were removed. I accomplished this by selecting the area with the lasso tool, hitting delete, and selecting content aware fill. Sadly, it turnout out pretty messy, so I used the clone tool, patch tool, and paint brush to fix the area.  Once the image was ready, I altered the image size, printed it as a PDF, and took it to a large format printer on my flash drive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment