Welcome!

It is not the end that defines the traveler, but the journey.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Blends & Type Effects

  






 




1. Walled In; A combination of number 2&3
An overlay of rusty brown was added in order to give the photo more color. Aside from that, the other edits will be listed under the original photos.


2. Snow Bug: 1-15-2011; 5:12 p.m.; Rexburg; f 4.0; 1/60; Canon PowerShot SX130 IS 
In Photoshop, I slightly increased the saturation and vibrance.  I also heightened the shot's contrast.


3. Bricks: 1-15-2011; 11:40 p.m.; Rexburg; f 8.0; 1/60; Canon PowerShot SX130 IS 
In this photo, I only increased the brightness and contrast.

4 & 5. Beads of Light: 1-10-2011; 7:21 p.m.; Rexburg; f 3.4; 1/40; Canon PowerShot SX130 IS  
When editing this shot, I increase the contrast, brightness, and added a very small amount of saturation.
 


To create "Walled In", I basically dragged and dropped the brick image over the bug and then lowered the opacity. Creating a mask, I used the black brush tool to remove the brick outline from the portions of the picture I felt it did not belong. Not sure if I liked the effect I received, I decided to to hide the lay and try selecting only the green pixels from the brick photo and dragging them onto the bug picture. I also added a layer filled with a rusty brown color to get a antique grudge look. Once I finished, I discovered I liked the original effect better. Thus, I got rid of the green pixels. However, I liked the rusty brown at a very low opacity, so I chose to keep that layer. Next, I used the horizontal mask type tool to outline "Walled In" on another copy of the brick picture. After copying the selection and pasting it onto a transparent background, I dragged and dropped the words onto the photo, moving it through the layers until I found a mixture of effects I liked.  For the "Beads of Light" picture, I added a sliding type effect. To do this, I unlocked the image layer, dragged the text below the image layer, and  morphed the two layers together by selecting the chain link between the two pictures. Once with was done, I made a yellow filled layer to put below the text and copied the main image and placed it between the type layer and the new filled layer. After that, all I had to do was move the copied image inside the text to find the best fill and returned the initial image to full opacity.




1 comment:

  1. I love your "walled in" picture! The effect of the bricks really gives the picture a cool look and gets the point across. You did a good job.

    ReplyDelete