Welcome!

It is not the end that defines the traveler, but the journey.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Past Photos

 








1. Fuzzy Stems: 6-4-2010; 7:59 p.m.; Rexburg; f 3.2; 1/32; Fujifilm JV100
For this picture I used Photoshop to add a bit more contrast to the shot. In addition, I increased the color saturation to intensify the red in the stems.  Flash was used.

2.  Shoe: 11-21-2010; 8:33 a.m.; Athens, AL; f 3.2; 1/90; Fujifilm JV100
I made the picture a tad darker, heightened the contrast, and slightly saturated the colors. Flash was used.

3. Mountain Majesty: 7-31-2010; 4:24 p.m.; Pikes Peak, CO; f/4.3; 1/400; Fujifilm JV100
In this picture, I brightened the sky, added more contrast, and saturated the blue. No flash used.

4. Benched: 10-10-2010; 11:10 a.m.; Fort Wayne, IN; f/5.9; 1/100; Fujifilm JV100
The color was balanced, brightness adjusted, and contrast increased. No Flash used.

5. Kitty Whiskers: 9-26-2010; 12:43 p.m.; Fort Wayne, IN; f/3.2; 1/32; Fujifilm JV100
I darkened this photo added more saturation to get the green to pop. Flash did fire. 

During the last semester, my husband and I traveled across the states to visit family. All of these pictures were taken along the way with our small and simple Fujifilm camera. Personally, I've always enjoyed taking pictures of nature and daily items at different angles. I've never used a manual setting before, so I am excited to learn. When taking these photos, I used the macro, landscape, and portrait settings.  After taking the pictures, I uploaded them into Photoshop and made a few changes, but, due to my inexperience with the program, I did not alter the pictures much at all.


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cristi,
    Very nice photos! I love how your flower photo (the bluish/purple one) just seems to pop right out of the screen. The sky and red rock picture also has very good contrast, which made the image pop for me as well. Also, good job on making sure that you had a variety of pictures. They all were unique and had an interesting subject. Keep taking good pictures!

    ReplyDelete