Welcome!

It is not the end that defines the traveler, but the journey.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Flora & Fauna








1. Purple Leaf: 1-20-2011; 10:24 a.m.; Rexburg (Benson); f 3.4; 1/60; Canon PowerShot SX130 IS
  For this photo, I slightly added more vibrance. In addition, I increased the saturation and raised both the contrast and the brightness.

2. Tree Friend: 1-20-2011; 10:51 a.m.; Rexburg (Gardens); f 7.1; 1/20; Canon PowerShot SX130 IS 
Brightness was decreased, saturation slightly increased, and contrast was heightened.

3. Tower of Flowers: 1-20-2011; 10:23 a.m.; Rexburg; f 3.4; 1/60; Canon PowerShot SX130 IS 
 When I edited this image, I added more vibrance, contrast, and saturation. I also increased the brightness a little bit.

4. Snow Cat: 1-11-2011; 2:10 p.m.; Rexburg; f 3.4; 1/60; Canon PowerShot SX130 IS 
 Lightness was decreased, but contrast, saturation, hue, and vibrance were raised.

5. Hello There: 1-20-2011; 10:43 a.m.; Rexburg; f 7.1; 1/60; Canon PowerShot SX130 IS 
Brightness, contrast, and saturation were increased. Edges were sharpened.


Taking these shots were a lot of fun! I enjoyed chasing the squirrels around trying to get a good shot. Originally, I only planned on posting one squirrel photo, but I couldn't help but add "Hello There" to the end. It was the closest shot I took, but I thought it was a little too blurry. Thus, why I considered not posting it. I was able to time my visit to the college green house correctly so I could get pictures of the plants right after watering. I really liked seeing all the droplets on the leaves. I took several of the pictures on the Aperture Priority mode so that I could experiment with several apertures. Lastly, "Snow Cat" was the best picture out of several I took a while ago when I was looking for fauna pictures ahead of time. The cat was a neighborhood feline who was scared to death of the clicking sound my camera made. I don't really know why the exposure turned out the way it did, but I still think it is a neat shot.




1 comment:

  1. Cristi- I love your flora and fauna photos! The first one, where you turned it black and white and brought back some color was awesome! The before and after photos were both great. You have a talent for capturing nature. I can't wait to see what you come up with the rest of the semester.

    ReplyDelete