Welcome!

It is not the end that defines the traveler, but the journey.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Panoramic Views

Panoramic:

Originals:








Panoramic:
 Originals:



1-5. Reflections of the Old Teton Dam: 1-29-2011; 4:05-4:06 p.m.; Northeast of Rexburg; f 4.0; 1/320; Canon PowerShot SX130 IS 
Photos 2-5 are the original unedited photos. Picture 1 is a compilation of the original photos. Once combined, photo 1 was edited in Photoshop. In Photoshop, the contrast, brightness, and saturation was heightened. Also, slight sharpness was added and vibrance was increased.

6-9. Jagged Ice: 1-29-2011; 3:38 p.m.; Sugar City; f 8.0; 1/60; Canon PowerShot SX130 IS 
Once again, edits were only made to the panoramic image. The edits made include:  increased sharpness, contrast, brightness, saturation, and vibrance.


Taking the panoramic shots was fun and yet challenging. Although I had a tripod handy, I couldn't always get the tripod as close to my subject as I would have liked. In fact, for "Jagged Ice" I merely held the camera in my hands and slowly swiveled in from left to right as I took the pictures. As for "Reflections of the Old Teton  Dam" I was able to swivel my camera on the tripod. Next, in Photoshop, I used the automate photomerge tool, selected the separate shots and watched as Photoshop stitched the pictures together. Once that was complete, I flattened the image and used the quick selection tool to select the transparent remains around the picture's edges and then used content aware fill. Some of the filled in areas looked odd so I selected the clone tool to fix some spots while others I circled with the lasso tool and used content aware again to replace odd looking bushes with snow. Lastly, I edited the final product as I explained in the descriptions above. For "Jagged Ice" I added a black layer, cut out the center using the marquee tool, and then used a blur filter to get a nice burned edge. Overall, I think I ended up liking "Jagged Ice" the best. 


No comments:

Post a Comment