Welcome!

It is not the end that defines the traveler, but the journey.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Camera Raw

Edit:

Original:





1 & 2. Arrow: 1-29-2011; 1:28 p.m.; Rexburg; f 5.0; 1/5; Canon PowerShot SX130 IS 
The original photo has no edits and the edits made to the first photo will be explained in the paragraph below.

Through Bridge, I selected the original JPEG of "Arrow" and hit Cmd R to open the photo in camera raw. Inside camera raw, I increased the darkness of the blacks in the image, added more brightness, heightened the contrast, increased clarity, vibrance, and saturation by simply moving the sliders on the basic pallet. On top of that, in the effects pallet, I added a dark vignette with the max amount of feathering possible. Lastly, using a large adjustment brush (K), I painted over the arrow adding more exposure, clarity, sharpness, contrast, and saturation in order to really emphasize the arrow as the focal point. Once I was finished, I hit done and then hit the "Open Image" button to move the photo into Photoshop. Inside Photoshop, I added an unsharpen mask to make the picture have a grudge feel.  After adding and selecting the mask, I used the black paint brush to mask  out the arrow and the targets so that only the target block would display the harsh sharpness I desired.

2 comments:

  1. Your camera raw edit turned out awesome. It's has a very nice and artistic touch to it. I really like how you brought out the colors in the target. What I really think that makes this picture is the color on the piece of wood, or whatever it is, behind. It really helps the picture to pop out just that much more. The arrow being slightly out of focus gives it another great touch. You did a really good job and I enjoy the artistic editing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! In class we talked about the artistic type of photo editor and that's totally you!! I think this is very creative! I love it!

    ReplyDelete