Welcome!

It is not the end that defines the traveler, but the journey.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Portraits






 1. Ponder: 2-5-2011; 10:59 a.m.; Driggs, ID; f 4.0; 1/640; Canon PowerShot SX130 IS 
All the edits were done in Camera Raw. Edits include heightened clarity, contrast, vibrance, brightness, and darkened blacks. An adjustment brush was used to add more color to the sky. Luminance and temperature was increased.

2.  Warmth of a Smile: 2-4-2011; 10:08 p.m.; Driggs, ID; f 4.0; 1/8; Canon PowerShot SX130 IS 
Also edited in Camera Raw. Edits include a black vignette, increased saturation, slight raise in fill light, heightened clarity, and darkened blacks. Luminance was increased and vibrance was also raised.

3. Waiting: 1-5-2011; 10:58 a.m.; Driggs, ID; f 4.0; 1/320; Canon PowerShot SX130 IS  
In Camera Raw, the contrast, brightness, intensity of blacks, exposure, saturation, clarity, vibrance, and luminance was increased.

4. Find the Light: 2-4-2011; 10:06 p.m.; Driggs, ID; f 3.4; 1/8; Canon PowerShot SX130 IS 
Increased the contrast, exposure,fill light, recovery, clarity, vibrance, and saturation.Luminance was raised.

5. Cupcake Man: 2-5-2011; 1:30 p.m.; Rexburg; f 3.4; 1/30; Canon PowerShot SX130 IS 
This photo is my environmental picture. Within Camera Raw, I raised the fill light, recovery, blacks, contrast, clarity, and saturation. Vibrance was lowered. 


This last weekend, my work had an office retreat. Realizing that I needed to take a variety of portraits, I discovered that the retreat gave me a perfect opportunity to hold several of my coworkers hostage. All of them were very nice about it and I appreciated their tolerance. Since we had been discussing light in class, I decided to experiment with different sources. For "Find the Light" and "Warmth of a Smile", I placed my subject in a dimly lit room. Using a lamp and a bright overhead light, I created a make shift spotlights. While the shadows are prominent in the pictures, I though the contrast between the soft glow and the darkness created a nice effect. Next, for "Ponder" and "Waiting" I literally waited for the sun to shine just enough through the clouds to light up the veranda. Then, after capturing a few more coworkers, I experimented with different placements. Lastly, for my environmental photo, I went to several businesses and took pictures of their employees. Due to my adoration for the Cocoa Bean, this photo turned out to be the one I decided to put on my blog. 

1 comment:

  1. Cristi, It was fun looking through your portraits and seeing familiar faces, the cup cake guy I went to high school with and I had a class with Rachel awhile back. You did a really good job on your editing, I really like how the white vignette turned out on the photo at the top, very cool.

    ReplyDelete