Welcome!

It is not the end that defines the traveler, but the journey.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Bannack Action Blur & Freeze



1. Sleeping Ghost: 2-22-2011; 1:57 p.m.; Bannack, MT; f 8.0; 8 sec; Canon PowerShot SX130 IS
 Recovery, fill light, blacks, brightness, contrast, clarity, vibrance, and saturation increased. A black vignette was added.


2. Snow Fall: 2-22-2011; 2:33 p.m.; Bannack, MT; f 5.4; 1/125 sec; Canon PowerShot SX130 IS
Saturation, sharpness, vibrance, clarity, fill light, and blacks were raised. 

3. Snow Blur: 2-22-2011; 2:30 p.m.; Bannack, MT; f 4.5; 1/125 sec; Canon PowerShot SX130 IS
Recovery, clarity, sharpness, vibrance, saturation, blacks, contrast, and brightness were increased. 

These photos proved to be very difficult since my tripod broke upon arriving to Bannack. Thus, it took multiply tries to keep specific items sharp. For "Sleeping Ghost" I borrowed a friend's tiny table tripod. Placing it on a table, I had my subject sit in a dime location in the Bannack Chapel. On manual mode (M), I set my aperture as high as it would go and changed my shutter speed to 8 seconds. Next, I had my subject sit in the seat for six seconds and then had him quickly move out of the scene. I though the resulting picture turned out quite nicely. As for "Snow Fall", I went to a really bright area outside and had my subject throw snow in the air. On shutter priority mode (TV), I set my shutter to a fast speed to catch the action. It took a couple tries but this photo turned out to be the sharpest. Even though I wanted "Snow Blur" to come out sharp, it didn't. However, I really liked the coloring of the picture, so I deiced to post it anyway for fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment