Welcome!

It is not the end that defines the traveler, but the journey.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Bannack Macro Abrstract





1. Rusty Wagon: 2-22-2011; 12:47 p.m.; Bannack, MT; f 3.5; 1/500 sec; Canon PowerShot SX130 IS
Increased recovery, fill light, blacks, brightness, contrast, clarity, vibrance, and saturation.


2. Peeling Wallpaper: 2-22-2011; 11:29 a.m.; Bannack, MT; f 3.4; 1/3o sec; Canon PowerShot SX130 IS
Fill light, recovery, blacks, brightness, contrast, and clarity were increased.


3. Wagons of Old: 2-22-2011; Combination of pictures 1 & 2
Vivid light blending mode was used at 100% opacity.


I captured the picture "Rusty Wagon" on Aperture Priority mode (AV) with the tulip (macro mode) turned on. I set my aperture low to get the background blurry. In addition, I metered my shot on the screw and then re-framed my shot. For "Peeling Wallpaper", I simply selected the tulip mode and took the picture on the auto mode. After editing both the images in Camera Raw, I opened the shots in Photoshop. Using the move tool (V), I clicked on my texture photo and dragged it on top of the "Rusty Wagon" picture. From there I went through the blending mode options listed in the drop-down menu at the top of the layers pallet. After testing the majority of the modes, I decided to use Vivid Light. Although the result is a little over the top, I though the effect looked really unique and dynamic. Also, it added a bit of a grudge aspect to the image. After all, it is supposed to be abstract. 

No comments:

Post a Comment