Welcome!

It is not the end that defines the traveler, but the journey.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Fine Art





1 & 2. Delectable Dessert: 2-5-2011; 3:20 p.m.; Rexburg; f 5.6; 1/40; Canon PowerShot SX130 IS
Edited in Camera Raw. Recovery, fill light, blacks, contrast, clarity, vibrance, and saturation were increased. An adjustment brush was used to sharpen and brighten the berry.


3 & 4. Harvest Home: 2-4-2011; 3:21 p.m.; Rexburg; f 5.6; 1/20; Canon PowerShot SX130 IS
Recovery, fill light, contrast, brightness, and clarity were increased. 

To create the fine art template, I opened a blank 18x12 inch document in Photoshop with a 150 ppi. Using the rectangle shape tool (U) with the shape layer option selected, and having my foreground color set as black, I drew a black box on the side of the document. Then I hit Option-Cmd-T to bring up the transform tool. Next, I held shift, clicked and dragged the black rectangle, and hit enter to lock the rectangle. In essence, this merely duplicated my black shape. Then I hit Shift-Option-Cmd-T three more times to copy my action over and over until I had five evenly spaced rectangle boxes. Then I held shift and clicked on both of the layer. Selecting the move tool (V) I clicked on the "align horizontal center" option from the top menu bar to center my black squares. After selecting the image I wanted to insert, I re-sized that image to match my template and then simply dragged the image on top of the template. Then I right clicked the image layer and selected "Create Clipping Mask" which placed the image inside my black squares. At this point all I had to do was insert text and add my signature. To get my signature into the program, I scanned it in as a bitmap, saved it as a brush preset, and then simply used the brush tool to paint it on. Lastly, I lowered the opacity to make it less dramatic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment