Welcome!

It is not the end that defines the traveler, but the journey.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Bannack Reverse Shallow Depth



1. Winter Foliage: 2-22-2011; 12:04 p.m.; Bannack, MT; f 4.0; 1/200 sec; Canon PowerShot SX130 IS
Recovery, fill light, blacks, brightness, contrast, and vibrance were heightened. 


2. Winter Brown: 2-22-2011; 12:04 p.m.; Bannack, MT; f 4.0; 1/320 sec; Canon PowerShot SX130 IS
 Recovery, fill light, blacks, brightness, contrast, clarity, and vibrance were heightened.

On aperture priority mode (AV) I selected a relatively love aperture. Then, by pressing the shutter half way, I metered on the plant. Then I re-framed my shot, still holding down the shutter, and then pressed the shutter all the way down.  Next, I followed the same process but focused on the background instead so that the foreground would be blurry. It was difficult to re-frame the shot exactly the same, but I did the best I could. All in all, I liked how the pictures turnout. While I tried this method on several different objects, I thought that these two photos displayed reverse shallow depth the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment