Welcome!

It is not the end that defines the traveler, but the journey.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Night & Light






1. Need for Speed: 2-20-2011; 11:25 p.m.; Rexburg; f 6.3; 15 sec; Canon PowerShot SX130 IS
In Camera Raw, blacks were darkened, sharpening added, contrast, fill light, recovery, and vibrance were raised.

 2. The Gift Giver: 2-20-2011; 7:34 p.m.; Rexburg; f 3.4; 15 sec; Canon PowerShot SX130 IS 
Brightness, recovery, fill light, blacks, contrast, clarity, sharpness, and vibrance was added.

3. X-Troid: 2-20-2011; 8:05 p.m.; Rexburg; f 3.4; 5 sec; Canon PowerShot SX130 IS 
Fill light, recovery, contrast, sharpness, brightness, and clarity were raised.

4. Crazy Love: 2-20-2011; 6:47 p.m.; Rexburg; f 3.4; 15 sec; Canon PowerShot SX130 IS 
Lowered saturation and heightened vibrance, blacks, clarity, contrast, recovery, and fill light.  

This week was very challenging for me. Using my tripod at an array of angles, I captured the above shots by maxing out my shutter speed on the shutter priority mode (Tv). Since 15 seconds was the longest my shutter would stay open, I had to act fast. For "speed" I hit the shutter button as a friend drove in circles in a empty parking lot. Then for "The Gift Giver", upon compressing the shutter button, I drew a girl with an xbox controller while my husband drew a boy with an I-clicker. During the last second, we flashed a flashlight  towards the camera to get the desired glow. Next, for "X-Troid", I focused on the light from the xbox controller and pivoted my tripod slowly moving it for five second. Lastly, "Crazy Love"  was written on the wall with a head-lamp. As you can see, I struggled to find good light sources.  

1 comment:

  1. Cristi- As always, very creative. Your images are always fun to look at! I love the first fine art template with the dessert. It looks so professional! Great job. The light painting of the stick figures is awesome as well. Great job with this week's assignment.

    ReplyDelete